HFTC Baseball Club

Player Search

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

GMs Online
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname

Password

Security Code
Security Code
Type Security Code

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: fred
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 201

People Online:
Visitors: 19
Members: 3
Total: 22

Online Now:
 paul
NET dougiejays
 haggstown

Links
Forums
Gazette
BOSI
GM Directory
OOTP HTML
League File

Office
About HFTC
Rules
HFTC Twitter
GM Status
HFTC Awards
Traded Ammy Picks
Team Export Status File Uploader
Free OOTP5 Here! OSX OOTP5

Features
Leaderboards
Milestones

History
CATO

League Areas
· Home
· Forums
· HOFVote
· Leaderboards
· Members List
· Milestones
· MS Analysis
· Private Messages
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· TeamExports
· Top 10
· Topics
· Your Account

Hit For The Cycle: Forums

Hit For The Cycle :: View topic - HFTC Rules
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   LoginLogin 

HFTC Rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Hit For The Cycle Forum Index -> Rules/FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: HFTC Rules Reply with quote

League Mission
The principal goal of Hit For The Cycle baseball league is to provide fun and enjoyment for all GMs involved. Anything or anyone that deviates from this mission will not be welcome in this league.

General

• All GMs must own OOTP 5
  • All GMs must password protect their team, initial team password is available from commish
  • HFTC uses BOSI, all GMs must create a BOSI account and notify commish of their BOSI login
  • All owners must provide a valid email to commish and all other GMs
  • This is an active league. Team of non-active GMs will become available immediately.
  • GMs who are going to be away for more than 1 week must notify league.
  • Vacant and absent teams will be operated by the co-commish in the opposite league

Non-Active GM Definition
Any one of the following will qualify as a non-active GM

• A GM would be considered inactive if he has not checked into HFTC for a 10 day period with no notice.
  • A GM would be considered inactive if his most recent team export is 14 days old AND he has not checked into the league in 5 days with no notice.

Absent GMs/Sharing your OOTP5 Password/Unable to Export

• If you are unable to export for any reason for 30 days or less, you are free to use a GM you trust to export for your during your absence. I must be notified that another GM is subbing for you and for how long. I can be notified via PM, General chat, or GM Availability forum.
  • Please modify your OOTP5 password once you return from your absence.
  • If you can not export for greater then 30 days, you must notify me and I will babysit your team in your absence. Generally all I do is make sure your 25 man is set and auto things. I won't ever call up ammys for an active team. I leave those decisions to you. I can make small and easy changes if you give me directions. I don't have time to do laundry list of changes for your team sim and sim.
  • Failure to notify me will be handled on a case by case basis. It could result in both GMs being kicked out of the league. But in a case where GMs simply forgot and everyone is happy, there was no funny business, exports were good, etc, it will only result in a gentle reminder. Some GMs in this league are close personal friends before they ever joined HFTC. They could have been subbing for each other for a long time for all I know. Its never been a problem and I have no desire to stop or discourage that.

Sims and Schedule

• 15 days per sim
  • Exports due Tuesdays and Fridays 4:00am PST
  • New league file and BOSI update will occur the night of the sim
  • OOTP HTML uploaded by 12pm PST the next day or sooner
  • See trades section for schedule info regarding trades

Potential Sim Problems and Resolutions

• During regular season, if I run into the depth/lineup bug, the offending team with be automanaged so I can sim the games.
  • During the post season, if I run into this problem, if the GM is online he will be given the opporunity to adjust after I do the automanage.
  • For teams that make the post season, they must remember to set their roster back to 25 men. If they don't and are online when I do the sim, then I will give them the opportunity to fix it. If they are not online, I will fix it and adjust the team as if it was my own. If the team is actually playing my team, then I will get another GM from the league to make the changes for me. Someone in this league is online 24/7 so it should be easy enough for me to get another GM to help me out and tell me who I should send down to get the offending team to the 25 men limit.

Steps of Sim process (take out #2 for trade nights)
1. Process Contract Extensions
2. Sim the 15 day schedule
3. Process Releases
4. Process Waivers/Claims
5. Process FA signings
6. Trades

GM Move Rules and Qualifications
A GM may switch teams if his current team meets the following requirements.

1. Not in debt and not projected to be in debt next season
2. Over .500 cumulative record for last 3 seasons
3. 5 seasons with same team
4. If new team has more cash, new team gives old team 50% of their current cash on hand or 2x the difference, whichever is less, up to but not beyond the $25m cap.
5. If new team has more draft picks, new team gives old team enough picks in Quality and Quantity to make old team at least equal with new team. If new team has a greater record than old team then picks come from the soonest years first. If new team has a worse record than old team then picks come from latest years first.

Example
New team has 1-2 more 1st round pick: 1 R1 forfieted
New team has 3-4 more 1st round picks: 2 R1 forfieted
New team has 5-6 more 1st round picks: 3 R1 forfieted
etc

same follows for each round...

New team has 1-2 more 2nd round pick: 1 R2 forfieted
New team has 3-4 more 2nd round picks: 2 R2 forfieted
New team has 5-6 more 2nd round picks: 3 R2 forfieted

If more than one GM wants to move tiebreakers are
1. Seasons in HFTC with one team
2. GM record

Competitive Team Requirements

All GMs must field a competitive team. A non-competitive team is defined as a team that meets ANY of these criteria.

1. A team with less than 22 players and at minimum must contain these players at the following positions.

SP: 4
MR: 4
C: 1
1B: 1
IF: 3
3B: 1
OF: 3

That is only 17, so there must be at least 5 other players also on your team.

2. Starting 4 or more players out of position.

3. Starting players who should be obviously in the minors on your major league team. Players who should be in the minors are defined as: rookie pitchers with 2 or less in avoiding runs and rookie hitters with 2 or less in getting hits.

If any one of those conditions apply to your team your team will be considered non-competitive and the following action will take place.

* First offense *
You will be switched to CPU control and the CPU manager will be executed on your behalf. Human control will be turned back on for the sims. This basically becomes a one-shot CPU manage of your organization to allow the CPU to "fix" your team.

* Second offense *
Removal from the league.

I will not watchdog the league, I will leave it up to the GMs to notify me of any problems. If I receive notification and find that a team is not in compliance than I will immediately send that GM a PM to tell them. GMs who point out problems will remain anonymous.

Finances
http://www.hitforthecycle.com/hftc/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=883

Trades

• Deadline July 31st, unless players have cleared waivers then August 31st. Minor league players with zero days of MLB experience may be traded until 8/31 without be waived.
  • Picks and Cash may be traded UNTIL the World Series sim. No more trades after WS sim.
  • All Trades done and processed through BOSI
  • If BOSI can NOT complete trade (multi-team, trading player not on your roster yet), make sure trade is complete and posted in the Transactions Forum AND notify commish via PM or Email that there is a trade to process NOT in BOSI
  • You may trade players, cash, and draft picks
  • Three seasons, and first 3 rounds of draft picks may be traded
  • No trading with PC teams
  • Beware of trading for players in their contract year. If the player is not playing in his prefered position he may not want to sign with his new team regardless of what position he plays with in his new team.
  • FA's may not be traded in the first year or their new contract
  • All details of any trade must be disclosed publicly prior to the processing of the transaction. All available components of a trade must be explicitly listed in BOSI (when able - future draft picks and players not yet on your team because they are part of a separate trade not yet processed are the exceptions) and on the forum and no player may appear on both sides of a trade. Further, if at any time a player is traded back to the team he was acquired from in short enough time frame to either be considered a loan or to allow for contract extension, the matter may be considered collusion and disciplinary action may be taken at the commissioner's discretion, up to and including removal of one or both owners from the league.
  • It is highly advisable that any trade that includes future draft picks be completely posted in the forum and confirmed by both GMs. This will help with the 2nd half of the trade is processed and if there are any questions about the trade.
  • Any trade with any team that appears grossly lopsided can be vetoed.
  • All assets in a trade must be traded at the time the trade is complete. Future assets can not be traded.

New GM Probation
New GMs are prohibited from trading during the current season if they join HFTC past June 1st of any current season.

New GMs who appear to be inactive will have trades automatically veto'd. There must appear to be some sort of actual engagement with their team through a combination of postings, submitted team files history, etc. This is at the commissioners discretion and if there is any grey area commissioner will seek opinion of co-commishes.

For their own protection, new GMs are by default on trade probation. Probation lasts 3 full seasons. Any trade during those 3 seasons that is determined to be detrimental to their team by unanimous consent among all 3 commissioners is rejected. Any rejected trade during probation extends probation two full seasons. Probation can extend indefinitely.

Special Rule Regarding Trading Draft Picks of a Draft in Progress
Commish must be notified via PM immediately when a trade is approved that is trading a draft pick of a draft currently in progress. I must be allowed to process the trade early to make sure the new team gets to make their new pick. If I am not notified and the draft pick is on the clock and the team makes their pick, I will simply veto the trade.

It is the responsibility of both teams to notify me of the trade. One one PM is required, but the responsibility belongs to both team. In other words, I don't care why, if I'm not nofitied and the draft pick goes by for the wrong team, the trade is vetoed regardless.

Trade Schedule/Deadline

• Any approved trades submitted by 6:00am PST Mon/Thur will be processed that night
  • A new league file and BOSI update will occur on Sat/Wed night
  • OOTP HTML would not be uploaded until following Thur/Sun sim
  • Trades submitted after the deadline, but before the sim, will be processed on the following trade night, trades will no longer be processed AFTER a sim
  • A trade that missed the deadline and sat in the trade queue over a sim period and contains players who were injured in that sim may be cancelled by either GM by sending an email to the commish that they'd like to cancel the trade. It is each GMs responsibility to check their trades, the commish will not look for injured players before processing a trade. The commish will send a reply email back to both GMs that the cancel was received and the trade was denied.
  • It is each GMs responsibility to understand that if they have a trade executed on Wed/Sat night, they need to download a new league file and submit a new team export IF they want to update their roster as a result of the trade

Contracts

• Options enabled
  • Arbitration enabled
  • Extensions may be offered by posting in the appropriate thread
  • A 5 year limit will be used on contract extensions and FA offers, unless a player specifically requests a longer contract
  • Limit of 3 offers per year per player
  • No extensions offered until June 1st
  • Any contract at or over $20,000,000 must be a multi year contract.

Extension/Arbitration Exploit Rule
The league uses a 35% ratio. If the player has played at least 35% of his last 450 ABs for hitters or 60 appearances for pitchers at SP, Closer or any regular fielding position, then he must be listed as an SP, Closer or any regular fielding position before he can be offerred an extension or arbitration. If I miss an exploit and sign someone for cheaper than they should sign, this rule will be retroactively applied whenever possible and I will modify the contract.

Free Agents

• A Free Agency period will occur before the start of each season
  • 4 rounds: 3 days, 6 days, 9 days, 12 days
  • Contracts greater than or equal to $20m will be void and player will be put back into FA pool. See section below on $20m player handling.
  • Free agents can not be traded to any team during the first year of their new contract. They can be waived and claimed, but even if they clear waivers, they can not be traded during the first year of their new contract.
  • Unsigned FAs go into the pool, available to be signed by any team, by posting in the appropriate thread
  • No FAs may be signed after September 1st

$20m FA Players
Since $20m players simply fall to the lowest team on the list. We will use this process for FA bidding of potential $20m players.

• Commish and GMs identify potential $20m players
  • Player is pulled out of FA for two rounds of blind bidding
  • Player must at least accept an offer from you in OOTP5 in order for you to participate in bidding for that player (OOTP5 player preferences are still in play)
  • Bid must at least meet the player's demand to be valid in total contract value i.e. if someone wants 10m/5 - your total offer must be at least a $50m offer
  • You must be able to afford the deal per normal OOTP5 calculations
  • Two rounds of blind bidding. After first round the team with the best offer is published (team not the offer). Who is bidding is public knowledge like our current blind bids. The amount is hidden until both rounds are over.
  • After the 2nd round, player will accept offer of team that submitted the highest overall contract. i.e $15m/5 > $20m/2. Total contract value is determining factor.

Special Immediate Release Rule
From the point a player is physically released from a team, a clock starts for 48 hours. Any offers for that player within the 48 hours, immediately starts another clock. A 24hr clock in which that player can receive public offers from any team. At the end of the 24hr window, no more offers will be accepted. In the following sim, the player will receive the offers from highest to lowest. You may submit as many offers as you wish during the 24hr window. PLEASE NOTE: in season FA's NEVER accept multiyear deals. Even if you offers is the best, he will still decline if you offer him a multiyear deal.

Special Preseason FA Bidding Rule
Immediately following the FA bidding sims the remaining FAs are available as normal but the offers are not made in a first come first serve basis. To make an offer to a player you make a post in the FA forum as usual, but you do not need to include the amount you want to offer. If you want to make your offer public fine, but if not, you follow up your post with a PM to me letting me know your offer. At this point the player is open for offers for the next 12 hours. Once the 12 hours has passed the bidding is closed. In the next sim event the single highest bid will be offered to the player. In the case of a tie between more than one team for the highest offer, the team that made the first initial offer of the tied teams will be the team that gets to make his offer the the player. If 12 hours has not passed before the next sim event, no offers would be made to that player on that night, he would roll into the next event night. The blind auction period ends at 7pm PST the night before the first sim of the season. Any new offers to new players at this point are once again first come first serve. But remember, because of the 12 hr limit some players could still be in "auction mode" after the deadline has passed, they would stay in auction mode because their initial bid came in before the deadline.

Waivers
Only players with more than 5 years major league experience (players with either 300K, 350K, or arbitration salaries have less than six years experience) or for trading players after July 31st must be waived before they can be released.

Explicit waiver directions must be given. If you want to release a player, please post or he will just be cleared. It is not possible to send players to the minors who refuse. If you want them off your 25 man roster, you'll need to waive and release them.

Players uneligible for waiver rights will be treated as if they were outright released. Since many GMs confuse who needs to be waived/released, it will be up to the GMs making a claim to recognize that a player is not a waiver candidate and to submit an FA bid in the FA forum instead of a claim in the waiver forum.

• Player must be placed on waivers until the next trade/sim event and for a minimum of 24hrs. If the player has not been on waivers for 24hrs, his waiver process will occur in the following trade or sim event.
  • If no claims are made for the player, the player may be released or available to trade
  • If a claim is made, the team may withdraw the waiver or elect to let the player go.
  • If the waiver is not withdrawn then the contract is assigned to the claiming team.
  • If more than one team claims, the team lowest in the standings at the time the waiver is processed get the contract.
  • Before May 1st, the previous season final standings are used to determine priority.
  • If a waived player is picked up by a team, his contract is simply moved to the new team. The team that waived the player is released from all contract liability to the player.
  • If two or more teams claim with the same record, the player goes to the team who claimed first.
  • If a waiver player is released. The remaining portion of the contract is paid in one lump some payment and subtracted from the teams bottom line.
  • Players may not be claimed after 8/31. As such, any player may be outright released without going through waivers 9/1 or later.

Trading a Player Who Cleared Waivers
A player who has cleared waivers must be traded by the following trade sim or the waiver will expire and the player must clear waivers again. For example, a player who clear waivers on either Wednesday or Thursday, must be traded by Saturday. Players who cleared on Saturday or Sunday must be traded by Wednesday.

Amateur Draft - Changes in 2055 (see below)

• Draft is June 1st in reverse order from final standings of previous year
  • AL has first pick in odd years, NL in even
  • Alternating leagues pick after
  • 6 rounds
  • First 3 rounds will be on BOSI
  • 24 hr time limit per pick, when time has expired the appropriate co-commish will be making the draft choice.
  • Vacant or absent teams who did not submit a list will have their choice decided by the co-commish in the opposite league
  • Remaining 3 rounds will be with PC selection

2055+ Amateur Draft

• Draft is June 1st in wheel order - teams have already been slotted for 2055. Subsequent season each team moves down the wheel one slot. When you move off the bottom of the wheel, you go back to the top.
  • 6 rounds
  • First 3 rounds will be on BOSI
  • 24 hr time limit per pick, when time has expired the appropriate co-commish will be making the draft choice.
  • Vacant or absent teams who did not submit a list will have their choice decided by commish (best available)
  • Remaining 3 rounds will be with PC selection

Wheel Draft Order
Code:

Pick #   2yr avg   3yr avg   4yr avg   4yr stdev
1         15.00   17.67   15.75   12.63
15        8.00    15.00   17.00   12.11
18        16.50   11.33   15.75   11.53
32        25.00   16.50   16.50   12.71
4         18.00   18.00   17.25   11.53
16        10.00   17.33   17.50   11.47
12        14.00   10.67   16.00   11.78
31        21.50   19.67   15.75   11.32
3         17.00   15.33   15.50   11.68
24        13.50   19.33   17.50   12.45
7         15.50   11.33   16.25   13.40
30        18.50   20.33   16.00   13.04
8         19.00   15.00   17.25   11.53
17        12.50   18.33   15.50   10.66
13        15.00   12.67   17.00   9.42
26        19.50   18.67   16.00   7.62
14        20.00   17.67   17.50   5.92
9         11.50   16.33   15.50   7.33
20        14.50   14.33   17.25   7.37
21        20.50   16.67   16.00   5.60
19        20.00   20.00   17.25   5.56
2         10.50   14.00   15.50   9.04
27        14.50   16.00   17.25   10.72
22        24.50   17.00   17.50   10.85
11        16.50   20.00   15.50   11.21
5         8.00    12.67   16.25   10.05
28        16.50   14.67   16.50   10.41
25        26.50   19.33   17.25   11.03
6         15.50   19.67   16.00   12.19
10        8.00    13.67   17.25   10.87
23        16.50   13.00   16.00   9.42
29        26.00   20.67   17.00   10.80

Expansion

Expansion Approval
For expansion to occur, it must be approved by 75% of the league GMs in a mandatory post poll.

Expansion Draft

• Snake draft that will consist of 30 rounds. If more than one team is in the expansion, the team that picks first will be randomly chosen.
  • AAA ONLY will be autofilled after the draft. Repeated tests have shown that AAA autofill does not stack the team with super prospects. It supplies the team with some role players, bench warmers, and some average to below average prospects.
  • Every existing HFTC team will protect 30 players
  • No team will have more than two players drafted, once the second player has been drafted from your team, your roster is locked from the draft.
  • After a team has a player drafted they will be allowed to protect 3 additional players

HFTC Award
Any team whose player Hits For The Cycle will receive a 1pt boost in their fan interest level. There are currently no limits on this award. At the end of each season, the reward can be brought up for review by any GM in the league.

Game Settings

• League mode: Career
  • Financial System enabled
  • Coaches/Scouts disabled
  • Simulate minors enabled
  • Computer trades disabled
  • Injuries enabled
  • Injry frequency: Normal
  • Fatigue enabled

Commish Responsibilites - besides running league

• Commish is GM of Seattle
  • Commish will not sign FAs during the season
  • All commish transactions/negotiations are public
  • All commish changes (roster/lineups/etc) are done before any imports

AL/NL/Financial Co-Commish Responsibilities
The basic responsibilities of the Co-Commish is it to make sure vacant or absent GMs field a competitive team. They will accomplish this by essentially managing the team as if it was their own and are free to use their own judgement to what level of management this requires. They will also make draft selections for vacant teams and GMs who are absent for long periods of time.

Last edited by DaveHorn on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:50 am, edited 57 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules updated on 11/8

Changes -

* Specified the new trade deadline rule and schedule
* Detailed the ammy draft order as it is being conducted now
* Specified the NYA exeption to the cap
* Tried to fill in more little tidbits and such

* Please note * - in the trades portion, the info about trades that can not be completed on BOSI - I would now like one of the GMs to notify me of a trade that could not be completed on BOSI either via PM or Email.

After I processed a trillion trades the other night, I now have a better way to do them (using BOSI) to make sure that all the trades get processes accordingly. I will no longer, need to scan the forum and look for trades I need to process, I just pick them off one by one in BOSI. So if a trade can not be done in BOSI, I need special notification via PM or Email, a simple link the the post in the Completed Transaction forum will suffice.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated rules to reflect the recent changes we've made.

Added the deadline time change.
Added the HFTC award.
Added the change in trading (no trades process after sims, trades done on transaction only sims)
Added ammy draft deadline.

Tweaked the sim order.

Contract Extensions first.
Then sim.
Then the other various requests.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update rules to reflect that we will no longer use lists for the remaining 3 rounds of the ammy draft.

way way way way too difficult
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/13

Added Extension/Arbitration Exploits clause and removed all discussion oriented posts form this thread.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: 12/28 mods Reply with quote

12/28

Please note changes/strict enforcement of the posting rules for Contract Extensions/FAs/Waivers/Releases.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/30 mods

Updated to reflect new financial plan going into effect for 2004.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: 1/18 mods Reply with quote

1/18 mods

Modifed the waivers rule. We talked about this last season, but I forgot to implement the changes until now.

Players will clear waivers faster and for trading purposes players who cleared waviers must be traded by the following trade night.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/21 mods

Added step #6 to the Steps of Sim process. Got a question from a GM and realized I never had the trades step in there.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4/12

Updated to fix contract extension clause - 3 offers per year per player NOT 3 offers total per player
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4/16 update

Updated to contain 2005 rule changes. New sections include:

Non-Active GM Defitintion

Potential Sim Problems and Resolutions

Trading of draft picks of a draft in progress

Preseason FA Bidding Rule

I think that is all.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5/22 update

Added the competitive team requirement rules.

Changed the sim time (reflected the old time still).

Officially add the no GM moves rule.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the trade deadline specified in the Trades section. It still referenced the old sim time.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to reflect more specific waiver claim guidelines. Someday these rules will be so solid they'd pass an attorney review.
DaveHorn
Commish
Commish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further defined the waivers to account for guys who are waived but ineligible for waiver rights. These guys will be treated as if they were released, not waived.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Hit For The Cycle Forum Index -> Rules/FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: